Tuesday, September 20, 2011

the fall reset

                   you can be overwhelmed and you can underwhelmed but can you ever just be...whelmed? 


I have a pattern that I realized I am once again cycling through. Periodically, I'll decide for whatever reason: birthday, fall, new year, breakup, Tuesday morning, that it's time to hit the reset button. I spend some time reevaluating what I really want out of life and then recommit myself to work, writing, fitness, tennis, dancing, having a super awesome social life or what have you. Usually it's some combination of all of the above and before I know it my calendar is packed with all kinds of things and my long list of goals looks a little less inspiring and a little more just plain terrifying. I also forget to allot time for things I need like sleep, bad reality television and staring off into space.

Too often, I'm either feeling listless or fired up to do everything at once. Does this happen to you? How do find balance? When is enough enough?

1 comment:

  1. It must be in your genes
    It has happened to me for the last 55 years

    Dad

    ReplyDelete