Tuesday, September 20, 2011

living by the list





One of my projects this week was to do a digital clip file for myself of all my Gloss columns. By the by, I wrote for them today about my before thirty fitness goals and last week in case you missed it about reuniting with an old friend

Looking back over the past six months of columns put me in a reflective mood about my progress with the list so far and how it's become something much more than what it began as, a simple laundry list of items I wanted to check off while my age still stated with a '2'. As I come up on the halfway point, I realize that it's changed the way I looked at my life in that I stopped asking why and started asking why not. Whether it's going abroad by myself or dancing in the street or finding some way, any way to get my novels out into the world, I've put myself in a position where I have to justify to myself why I wouldn't go after something rather than why I would. 

I’ll be thirty in the blink of an eye, and I hope I’ll have done everything I set out to do. But moreover I hope I can hold onto this feeling that I can do anything. 


Amazing what taking a few chances can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment