Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I just called to say



I wrote for the Gloss today about missing the old school telephone. I complained endlessly about Smart Phones before at last giving in and getting an iPhone. You can fight the tide of technology for only so long before you just become the irritating person who refuses to get with the program already. And mostly I just hate how people whip them out in the middle of a conversation or play games on them instead of doing something wild like reading a book. Lately I find it hard to focus and miss the days of simpler technologies.

In a world where digital distractions are omnipresent, how do you unplug long enough to think straight?

1 comment:

  1. The only way for me seems to be some physical separation from wires and wireless. I've taken to writing in a notebook, sometimes at the library, sometimes at home, but always with the laptop shut and the phone out of sight.

    Good to know it's not just my generation struggling with hyperconnectivity.

    ReplyDelete